Active parents with infant would love to continue enjoying the thrills in outdoor activities, but are often faced with the challenge of suitable carriers for their children, and this is where the Burley Kids’ Solo Bike Trailer and Stroller can come to your rescue.
Even when your young child may not be able to enjoy outdoor activities just yet with you, it is a great all-purpose child carrier that allow parents more freedom as they gradually introduce and explore their favorite outdoors with their little ones.
Elegantly designed and packed with premium features for performance, safety, and your child’s comfort, the Burley Kids’ Solo Bike Trailer and Stroller is Burley’s top of the line combo stroller bike trailer for kids.
Video Review of Burley Kids’ Solo Bike Trailer
Key Features of Burley Solo Bike Trailer
The Burley kids’ solo bike trailer is jam-packed with useful features designed to make the outdoor experience as fun as possible for both parents and children alike. To give you a better picture of what this bike trailer can do for your family, we have taken the time to list down some of the outstanding features for your reference:
- Bowed-out sides. The cabin has a bowed-out side feature that allows for more leg room for your passengers, for added comfort.
- Water-resistant zippers. To allow your passenger to remain dry, the zippers on the trailer are water resistant for maximum protection.
- Adjustable handlebars. When converting the stroller into a bike trailer, the handlebars easily fold on top of the cabin to get it out of the way, and it can be adjusted to make it easier for parents to push it when it’s converted into a jogger.
- All-kit Compatible. This Kid’s Solo Bike Trailer is the must-have stroller to allow your child to experience outdoor activities at a young age. It converts from a regular stroller to a bike trailer, and can even be converted to take your child skiing with you. It’s all of that in one superb system.
- Compact Fold. Finally, at the end of the day folding up and storing the trailer is a breeze for parents as it folds up nice and flat for storage.
Safety Features on Burley Kids’ Solo Bike Trailer
- Padded Spring Integrated Technology. The SIT seat is guaranteed to prevent straps from getting tangled and it makes loading and unloading your child from the cabin a breeze.
- Adjustable Sunshade. The sun is your enemy when you’re out and about, luckily the stroller’s adjustable sunshade allows you to protect your child from the sun while still enjoying the ride.
- Parking Brake. There is always the fear of your stroller running away from you while you are taking a break. Engage the parking brake located at the back of the unit to prevent that from happening.
- Five Point Harness System. Lastly, the five-point harness system allows your child to stay safely in their seat during the ride.
Available Styles & Designs of Burley kids’ Solo
This trailer has everything but not much in color variety in the design. It is currently only available in the Solo design, which seats only one child, and in red or green with grey lining design that is ideal for the outdoors. There more be more colors in later models.
Size and Capacity
Capacity (lb/kg): 75 / 34
Weight Including Towbar, Hitch, Flag (lb/kg): 26.9 / 12.2
Interior Seated Height (in/cm): 25 / 63.5
Interior Seat Width (in/cm): 19 / 48.3
Interior Shoulder Width (in/cm): 22.5 / 57.2
Seated Leg Room (in/cm): 21 / 53.3
Window UV Protection Rating: UPF 30
Cargo Space (in³/liters): 2400/39.3
Wheel Size (in/cm): 20 / 51
Handlebar Height (in/cm): 30-46 / 76.2-116.8
Size Open L x W x H (in): 33.25 x 27.5 x 38.5
Size Open L x W x H (cm): 84.5 x 69.9 x 97.8
Size Folded L x W x H (in): 36 x 27.5 x 15
Size Folded L x W x H (cm): 91.4 x 69.9 x 38.1
How much should you pay?
At the time of writing this review, we found the Burley kids’ solo online for about $560 on the average. Some sites with lower prices were mostly out of stock. Families on a budget shopping for bike trailers may find the Burley kids’ solo expensive.
However, for parents looking for a premium quality bike trailer to take their child hiking, skiing, or jogging, and to experience it all in style and comfort, the Burley kids’ solo bike trailer will be more of an investment which will surely pay off.
We took a look at some of the reviews online to get a better idea of how parents found the Burley kids’ trailer. Over 90% of the reviews were positive, stating that every penny that went into the trailer was worth it.
However, there were a few reviews that said otherwise. One customer wrote that the product had a flimsy floor, and not waterproof, claiming that things inside can easily get wet with a bit of rain. The comment was not addressed, and this could well have been an isolated case.
With that said, it is important that if you decide to buy the Burley Solo kids’ bike trailer, you should get familiar with Burley’s user guide for the product. This will help you avoid misuse, and ensure you will get the most out of the combo bike trailer and stroller.
Overall, the stroller/trailer combo performs as advertised; and even with the few concerns found online for the product, overwhelming number of parents say positive things about Burley Solo Bike Trailer for Kids, and this should weigh in your decision to buy. And if you have not watched the video review, take a moment now to see the stroller in action on the video we have in this review.