Are your kids still too young to ride bikes with you? Now you can introduce them to bike rides at an early age with the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer. This is a rugged 2 in 1 trailer you can attach to your bike or convert into a stroller. No more having to lug around two separate carriages when you go out with your kids.
This Bike Trailer cum stroller can seat 1 or 2 children in a comfortable cabin, and when it comes to the safety of your kids, you are reassured the Burley Kids Honey Bee is designed and tested to meet or exceed ASTM F1975-09 safety standards.
With tinted windows, ergonomic design, adjustable handle to suit parents at different comfortable pushing heights when converted to a stroller, the Honey Bee bike trailer may not be one of the cheapest, but what you will get is a quality product that is well crafted by a top brand.
Key Features of Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer
Some of the features you will love about this model of Burley Bike Trailer stroller and summarized below:
- Hammock Style Seats – the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer is a two seater trailer. So you can take both of your kids in one carriage. This saves you the trouble of having to take those bulky double strollers. Plus the hammock style seats offer comfort to your children while you go for a ride.
- Velcro for additional padding – Does your child find the seat a little uncomfortable? Additional padding can be placed and attached to the seat with the included Velcro located on the seat. Use your own padding, or purchase any additional ones for this model.
- Adjustable Ergonomic Handlebar – Not everyone is built the same. This is why the ergonomic handlebar on the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer is adjustable. This way, parents can find an angle that is fit for their height so they can push their child’s stroller with ease.
- Compact Fold – An issue with a lot of strollers is their bulk when they are folded up. When you choose to get Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer, you don’t get that problem. That’s because the trailer folds flat for easy storage after a long day of strolling and bike rides.
- 1 wheel stroller kit – Each unit comes with a 1 wheel stroller kit. This allows parents to convert their stroller to a trailer and vice versa in just a matter of seconds.
- Water Resistant Cover – to protect your child from sudden rain while strolling, the trailer features a water resistant cover that can be rolled up and secured during sunny days.
Burley Kids Honey Bee convertable Bike Trailer Stroller. Sturdy, Elegant, and a quality built turns eyes!
Burley Design Honey Bee Bike Trailer Red
Safety Features of Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer
- Tinted Side windows – Sunny days, are of course, the most ideal days to go for rides. But too much sun can be bad for your child’s skin and it can also make them uncomfortable. The trailer’s side windows are tinted with an UPF30 rating for added protection against the sun.
- 5 point harness – a standard feature in most modern strollers, the trailer features two 5 point harnesses for your children.
- Push Button Tires – For easy storage and tire replacement, the tires on each side can easily be removed at a push of a button.
- Parking brake – keep your child’s trailer in place when you are parked with the integrated parking brake located at the back of the trailer. Ideal for use when in stroller mode.
- Roll Cage – Race cars typically have a roll cage inside the vehicle so that the driver remains safe in case of an accident. Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer gives that same kind of protection for your children. It comes with a roll cage frame, and the handle converts into an additional roll bar when in trailer mode. Now you can rest assured that your child stays safe while you ride.
If you’re looking for this stroller with a different design, then you’re out of luck as it is currently only available in one design: red. But the red and black design of the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer is guaranteed to look good with just about any bike, and all kids love the color red.
Size and Capacity
An important reminder to all parents looking for a reliable stroller for their child, is that they should first find out if it can accommodate their child. For this particular unit, here are its official specifications:
Item Dimensions: 37 x 29.5 x 33.25 inches
Item weight: 25.2 pounds
Maximum capacity: 100 pounds
Shipping Weight: 31 pounds
How much should you pay?
Given the safety features and overall design of the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer, it isn’t surprising to see it selling up to $399 online. But, there are bargains out there is you shop around, and Amazon is certainly one of the online stores with great promotional discount on the Bike Trailer.
You may find that Burley strollers can be more expensive than some other brands, but the price is for sure reflected in elegant quality design, durability and safety of their Bike Trailer strollers. It is well worth the price for parents that can afford it, and I have seen it selling for about $320. Check today’s price on Amazon, you may get lucky.
From the outside, the bicycle trailer has pretty much everything a parent is going to want: safety, comfort and a nice design. Parents do wish that the trailer came with a reclining seat so their children can take a more comfortable nap while watching the world go by. However, reclining seats are not common features in bike trailers.
This is an excellent instructional video of Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer from the manufacturer. It is full of additional information that will help you decide if this is the bike trailer for your family.
Even at almost $400, Burley really hit the ball out of the park with the Burley Kids Honey Bee Trailer cum Stroller . Parents love it for its convenience and design, and kids love it for its comfortable seats. It’s a win-win situation for everyone involved. Purchase this stroller/trailer today for your kids and enjoy all its amazing features.
Leave a Reply