Parents only want the best for their children; up to the extent of sacrificing their own free time and health for their happiness and well-being. As a parent, you should not forget to take care of your own health as you take care of your child’s.
This is where jogger strollers come into play. Jogger strollers are a great way to still keep yourself in shape, and at the same time, not have to leave your child at home. The Burley Design Solstice Jogger ensures that your child stays safe and comfortable as you go for a few mile run.
Key Features of Burley Design Solstice Jogger
Here are some of the features of the Solstice that really got my vote:
- Adjustable handlebars – Parents will have an easier time holding onto their child’s stroller with the padded handlebars. It can also be adjusted to suit the parent’s height to ensure that they are comfortable as they go for their run.
- S.I.T. Seat – the Solstice Jogger also features Burley’s parented S.I.T or Spring Integrated Technology seat. Parents no longer have to worry about the straps on the stroller getting tangled, saving you time and ensuring that your child is never in any danger of getting choked.
- Easily Adjusted Seat – jogging can be a tiring activity, especially while you’re getting pushed around by mom and dad on your stroller. Luckily, your child can take a nap or sit up right to sight see with the Solstice’s easily adjustable seat. Now your child can stay comfortable wherever you go.
- Large Adjustable Sun Canopy – The sun is the best provider of vitamin D, which everyone needs. But we must also remember that children’s skin is sensitive. The canopy on the Burley Solstice Jogger can be easily adjusted and covers most of the stroller, preventing the sun’s harmful rays from getting into your child’s eyes. And when it’s retracted, it does not get in the way of the child compartment.
- Large compartment and pockets – When going out with your child, you can bring all the necessary items you need like water bottles, toys and snacks. The stroller comes with a large compartment at the bottom as well as pockets in the baby compartment and the back of the seat.
- Easy folding design – After a good run, you’re ready for some well-deserved rest. But before that, you need to put away the stroller. Other jogger strollers need two hands and a bit of patience to put away; with the Burley Design Solstice Jogger, you only need a few seconds and one hand to fold it up. Now you can get some rest a lot sooner than you think.
- Locks when folded – Let’s say you need to put the Solstice Jogger in your car or in your closet – other strollers need additional straps to ensure that it stays together when you put it away, but the Solstice Jogger doesn’t. That’s because all you need to do is fold it and it automatically locks into place. No more straps and no hassle; once it’s folded, you’re ready to lift it up and put it in your closet or in your trunk.
Safety Features on Burley Design Solstice Jogger
- Polymer Rear Wheels – Other strollers only allow you to jog on smooth grounds like park walkways and city streets. The Solstice Jogger, equipped with Polymer Rear Wheels are impact resistant, and partnered with a coil suspension, will allow you to go off road and run in the woods.
- Safety Strap – When you’re running downhill, it can be very easy to lose grip of your child’s stroller and have him rolling into oncoming traffic. Luckily, you never have to worry because the Solstice Jogger comes with a safety strap that parents can attach to their wrist, and the other half to the handlebar of the stroller. This way, if you ever lose your grip, the stroller will not get away from you.
- 5 point harness – Nobody likes a flying baby. Keep your baby safe and secure with the 5 point harness.
- Tracking Knob – The front wheel comes with a knob that allows you to easily lock it into place when jogging.
- Parking Brake – When you need to stop for a rest, easily park the Solstice Jogger Stroller securely with the foot brake that ensures that your baby does not go for a joyride without you.
- US Safety Standard Compliant – Every unit of the Solstice Jogger goes through several tests to ensure that it is compliant with all US and European standards.
Accessories for Solstice Jogger
If you’ve already started liking the Burley Design Solstice Jogger just with its features, then you will surely love all the accessories that you can purchase for the stroller:
- Solstice Car Seat Adapter – compatible with most major car seat brands, the car seat adapter can be used with your Solstice stroller when you want to take your newborn baby out for a ride.
- Snack bowl and cup holder – The snack bowl and cup holder allow your child access to his favorite treats, and it swivels out of the way when you want to put in your child in and out of the stroller.
- Bunting Bag – keeps your child warm on cold days. Now you can still go for your run and stroll even if the weather is cold.
- Handlebar console – the perfect weather resistant pocket for mom or dad. Parents can keep important items like their cellphones and wallets in this handy compartment that attaches to the handlebars.
- Weather Shield – made from PVC, and with vents to keep the air flowing, the weather shield is the best to have when you want to go for a stroll on a rainy day.
- Rolling Travel Case – Are you going out of town with your child? Take the Solstice Jogger with you with this handy rolling travel case that allows your stroller to stand up right to allow easy transport without compromising the stroller’s fabric.
If black isn’t your first choice of color for your child’s stroller, you will be happy to know that the Solstice Jogger is available in three different colors:
Now you can choose a color that will best fit your child’s personality!
Size and Capacity
Before getting a stroller for your child, you have to first make sure that they can fit inside comfortably. Here are the specifications for the Burley Design Solstice Jogger:
Riders: 1 Child
Stroller Weight (Net): 29 lb / 13.2 kg
Weight (occupant plus cargo): 75lbs / 34kg
Maximum Occupant Height: 44 in / 112 cm.
Burley strongly recommends that the weight and height capacity is not exceeded to ensure the stability of the stroller.
How much should you pay?
The Solstice Jogger sells for $399 on the manufacturers website, but you can get it cheaper from online stores like Amazon with free shipping.
The Burley Solstice may seem a little pricey, but with all the features it has, you can be sure that it will all be worth your money. The customer satisfaction rating of the stroller is close to 5 stars, and with such a high rating, I do not expect huge discounts on the stroller, and did not find much as I write this review.
Amazon however, is a good place to look out for a good deal on the Solstice Jogger, as they have regular promo – more than most online stores.
Video Review of Burley Solstice Jogger
A stroller with an award winning design and full of features you won’t find in other strollers, the Burley Design Solstice Jogger is simply the best when it comes to your child’s safety and your comfort. It is definitely recommended for parents looking to get the most out of their child’s stroller for years to come.