When going for a walk with your newborn child and toddler, there is always a chance an adventurous child will stray away from their parents without a word and end up lost in a crowd.
But now, you can avoid these types of scenarios by letting them ride along with their younger sibling with the use of a ride on board accessory for your baby stroller.
And if you’re looking for the perfect ride on board for your child, let this be your guide in finding the perfect one for you and your family.
Benefits of Stroller Ride on Boards
- Safety – parks and malls tend to have larger crowds inside. This makes it easy for small children to get lost. When you have a ride on board attachment for your stroller, you can keep your child safe as some models even come with a 5 point harness.
- Always within sight – Since most ride on boards are placed just behind the carrier and between the parents’ arms, the older child will always be kept within eyesight, allowing parents to tend to both children’s needs as they ride along.
- Keeps them Busy – toddlers get impatient very easily. But when they are riding on their ride on board with their young sibling, this will give them a chance to look around and have fun while doing so. This allows the parent to tend to their errands without much trouble, and will prevent their child from making a scene when they become too cranky.
- Handy for Restaurants – some models of ride on boards doubles as a booster seat. This makes it perfect for use when you and your family decide to eat at a restaurant. Now your child will be able to sit comfortably wherever you choose to dine.
- Doubles as a Toy – Is your child active and love to play outside? Some models of glider or ride on boards feature a detachable scooter, which you can detach and allow your older child to ride alongside the stroller, or even let them use it when you go to public places like the park or playground.
Brands of Stroller Ride on Boards
- Lascal Buggy Board Mini Ride On Board – It has a simple design and is compatible with most compact and umbrella strollers. It features a high platform clearance of 5.25 inches, making it easier for parents to walk without hitting the platform with each step.
- Freerider Board – A little costlier than the Lascal Buggy Ride on Board, the Freerider Board is a detachable scooter that your older child can ride on as you push, or ride it by themselves alongside you as you push the stroller along. It is compatible with all Mountain Buggy and Phil &Teds prams as well as Britax Strider Plus. You can even purchase an additional connector for about $23.55 extra. The Freerider Board though discontinued by the manufacturer is still available to buy.
- Buggypod Perle – If you already have a Lascal Buggyboard Maxi or a Bugaboo Wheeled Board, then this is the accessory for you. It easily attaches on to any of these boards, so your child can take a seat as you push along. The seat features a five-point harness as well as a foot, back and arm rest for a more comfortable ride.
- Obaby ABC Design Kiddie Ride-On Board – For a more durable ride, choose to get the Obaby ABC Design Kiddie Ride-On Board. It features independently sprung suspension on each wheel, and is designed for children aged 2 and up. The board can be adjusted as needed, and even features a non-skid surface so your child remains steady even as it rains.
- Baby Jogger Glider Board – If you have the Baby Jogger range of strollers, this is the ride on board for you. It is compatible to Baby Jogger City series and Summit single and double models of stroller joggers. The disadvantage is that it is not a universal ride on board that you can use with other strollers.
Our Recommended Brand: Cozy X Rider Buggy Seat
All the above mentioned brands have their advantages and disadvantages, but if you’re looking for the most recommended ride-on board for your child available on the market, then the Cozy X Rider Buggy Seat is the best choice for you and your family. It has everything you could want in a ride-on board: safety, comfort, and fun. Here are its other features:
- Universal Connector – The unit comes with a unique connector that attaches to the rear axle of strollers, allowing it to be compatible with more brands on the market.
- Adjustable Seat – Not all children are the same height, which is why the seat’s height can be adjusted so your child can sit comfortably for the ride.
- 3 point Harness – Keep your child in place and avoid injury with the ride-on board’s safety harness.
- Soft Grip Handlebars – What sets the Cozy X Rider Buggy Seat from other brands is its soft grip handlebars that lets the child “drive” the board, this keeps him busy and lets him have fun along the way.
- Easy to Push – the ride on board features gel tires that makes it easier to maneuver through crowds and other smooth-surfaced ground.
- Safe – the unit comes with safety features like an anti-slip board along with motion sensitive flashing wheels for better visibility.
A lot of ride-on boards are reliable; it all comes down to what is perfect for your family’s lifestyle. Let your older child feel the love and inclusion by letting them ride along with their younger sibling. Find a ride on board that lets him have fun, but more importantly keeps him safe as you go for a ride in town or at the park.