BOB jogging strollers are one of the best strollers. They are rugged and elegantly built with premium comfort and safety features for children riding on them, and parents pushing the jogging strollers.
Parents looking to buy a jogging stroller quickly find out that BOB strollers are more expensive that the average brands of baby joggers. They are built to last, and are usually passed on in a family.
When you buy are BOB stroller, it is good to know one thing that you may need to do that will make your stroller last even longer, and this is how to replace the tires and inner tubes on a BOB Stroller. Over time, and depending on the surface on which you use your stroller, the tires and tubes will wear or puncture with usage at some point.
We hope these instructions and video on how to replace the tires and inner tubes on a BOB Stroller will be useful to you one day.
These instructions can also be used to replace tires and tubes on any stroller. The only difference will be the step on how to remove the wheel on your type of stroller.
What you need
You will need a compatible tire or tube, a tire pump, two flat head screw drivers, and a safety glass – if you are one of us that would consider safety first in any DIY.
How to remove BOB stroller wheels
- If the rear wheel is flat, be sure to disengage the parking brake before removing it.
- To remove the wheel, open the quick release lever on the BOB stroller, then remove the wheel. You may need to press a secondary lever to remove the wheel, if you BOB stroller model has one.
- To remove the front wheel, lock the swivel feature forward, if your stroller has a front swivel wheel
- Open the quick release lever, unthread the nuts, and remove the wheel
How to remove internal tubes and tires on BOB strollers
- Remove the cap of the inner tube and completely deflate the inner tube by apply pressure to the centre of the valve.
- Starting from the wheel edge across from the valve, slide the end of one flat end screw driver between the tire and the wheel, and gently separate the tire from the wheel.
- Insert the second flat screw driver about 4 inches from the first, and gently work the tools to detach the tire from the wheel. Work around the tire in 4 inches increment until the tire is removed
- Starting from the wheel edge across from the valve, locate the inner tube and gently remove it between the tire and the wheel
- Remove the valve from the hole in the wheel
- Pull the tire completely off the wheel rim
Installing the tire and inner tube on BOB Stroller
- Inspect the tire for any foreign objects and remove them
- Place the tire over the wheel rim
- Use a flat edge screw driver to work the tire over the wheel rim
- Inflate the inner tube slightly until it forms into shape
- Resit the inner tube inside the tire
- Align the valve over the hole in the wheel and push through
- Starting at the valve, resit the second edge of the tire over the wheel rim, working your way round until it is complete.
- You may need the flat edge tool to work in the last bit of the tire over the wheel rim
- Re-inflate the tube to the recommended pressure
- Replace the valve cap
- Once the tire is properly inflated, re-install the wheel on the BOB stroller, ensuring the quick release lever is engaged.
Additional Instructions for re-installing the front wheel on BOB strollers
- To install the front wheel, tighten the tension adjusting nuts on opposite sides of the axle until it is finger tight. The quick release lever should remain stationary as you tighten the tension adjusting nut
- To close, flip the quick release lever back and forth until you feel some resistance
- With your palm, and fingers wrap around the fork plate, push the quick release lever into the fully closed position.