So everyone knows what to buy if they were blessed with troublesome twins, but what happens when you have triplets? What many people don’t know is that there is actually a solution for this that doesn’t involve cramming any of the kids into tight spaces or leaving one behind (sigh).
With a triple jogging stroller, all three kids and parent can travel comfortably as they are extremely easy to push and do not take up much room, despite being fairly large. But triple jogging strollers can be expensive, and you may wonder if it’s worth it. The real question should be isn’t your baby worth it?
Many major brand manufacturers of jogging strollers like BOB, Instep, Baby Trend, Jeep , Joovy, and Schwinn which you will find in our reviews do not make a lot of single and double versions of their jogging strollers, but do not produce them in triple. This could be because their are more demands for the single and double strollers.
Baby Jogger however, produced what is my favorite triple baby jogger, the Baby Jogger Summit 360 triple jogging stroller. I am really disappointed that parents are unable to buy this top quality triple stroller at present. It has been unavailable for a while, and is no longer listed on Baby Jogger products. This has lead to speculations that even though the Summit 360 was the best triple jogging stroller I have seen so far, Baby Jogger may be pulling out of the triple jogger market.
UPDATE ==>> The Triple Trio Baby Jogger is currently unavailable on Amazon. It is really strange, but manufacturers seem to be taking their Triple jogging strollers off the market, and they are not introducing new models. Typical example is my favorite, the Baby Jogger Triple jogger. It’s been awhile it was discontinued, and there is no replacement yet.
I am not a great fan of the BeBeLove triple jogging stroller and at some point it was the only options available on Amazon as better triple joggers were discontinued. However, the Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin EX Stroller with optional conversion to a triple jogger is becoming very popular with active parents that need to go jogging with three kids.
Styles of Triple Jogging Strollers
There two main designs of triple strollers, the side by side, and the tandem stroller styles. Both have their advantages and drawbacks, and which ever style you prefer will depend on how and where you plan to use the triple jogging stroller.
Side by Side Triple Baby Joggers
The triple side by side jogging stroller consists of three seats in a row, making it considerably wider than the tandem stroller. However, it allows the kids to engage in some baby bonding time, as they are not kept apart, unlike the tandem stroller. You can also keep a much needed eye on all three kids at one time as they are not hidden from view. Furthermore all kids can enjoy the window seat, and no arguments will ensue about who gets to be in front!
Tandem Triple Jogging Strollers
The triple tandem stroller is more practical for the more adventurous parents as it consist of three seats, one behind the other. This makes it much slimmer, and streamline allowing easy navigation through narrow corridors. It is also easier to push as there is smaller hand difference, which allows you to jog in comfort.
Benefits and Downsides of Triple Jogging Strollers
- They are very easy to fold, which allows for easy storage, whether it’s in the back of the care or under the stairs.
- Unfortunately, not all kids are asleep when they should be. Triple jogging strollers tend to have individually inclining seats, so some kids can sleep while the others are still wide awake.
- Large basket area leaves a lot of space for virtually anything you can’t carry.
- Foot rests can be individually adjusted so any sized child can ride comfortably.
- They often come with rain a canopy to keep your children dry or eyen protect them from the sun
- The safety belts are strong and allow you an easy mind while you jog about the safety of you children.
If you don’t install or use your stroller properly and follow manufacturers instructions, you may not experience the full benefits of a triple jogger:
- They are quite heavy, as expected, but triple jogging strollers are extremely easy to push and navigate around corners.
- The wheels may be seen as ‘faulty’ if they are not correctly fitted to the triple jogging stroller, or if the stroller is not used properly. When buying your triple jogging stroller, talk to a member of staff about which wheels are right for you, and ensure that you don’t exceed the maximum weight. This will allow you to push the stroller with ease and navigate easily.
- Some people have said that they have found the triple jogging stroller to large. However, as they do come in different sizes, make sure you have enough space in storage for the size you want before purchase. If you find that it is too large, smaller triple jogging strollers are still made for three children and should be just as comfortable.
- The side by side triple jogging strollers can be quite wide, and therefore harder to navigate through narrow spaces.
- Triple joggers are rarely compatible with infant car seats, perhaps in the tandem triple, but not in the side by side strollers because of their wide size, and problem with stability if fitted with car seat.
Top 3 Triple jogging stroller
#1 – Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin EX Triple Jogging stroller
Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin EX Stroller is a stylish double jogger on four wheels. It is an all-terrain jogger that converts easily to a triple jogger with a toddler seat that is attached to the frame of the stroller. Each child has a separate seat and richly padded seat, and the adjustable canopies are also separate.
The Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin jogger is just less than 29 inches wide, and with the swiveling front wheel, it is a dream to push the stroller through narrow paths and crowded places. It has an adjustable handle to accommodate the varying handlebar height at which tall or petite parents can comfortably push a stroller.
Keys features of the Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin EX Triple Jogger:
- All-Terrain Tires – 12 inch air filled tires with two swiveling front wheel that can be locked for jogging
- Tri Mode Wheel System – turning a dial changes ride three wheel positions – fixed for light jogging, 45 degree angle for toddler seat, and full swivel mode for super mobility.
- Richly Padded Seat – comfortable for kids of all ages and include Infant Head Huggers
- One Touch Seat Recline – an any position seat recline system that ranges from newborn to fully upright for toddlers
- Extra Ex (Extend) Canopies – rounded canopies provide lots of head room and protection from the sun, and extended hoods give full coverage from sun glare
- Adjustable Handle – can be raised or lowered from 30” to 41.5” to suit the height at which most parents can push a stroller without stooping or tip toeing.
- Stroller Capacity – 45 lbs Maximum Passenger Weight (per seat)
- Stroller Weight – 33 lbs with wheels on, and 27.8 lbs without wheels
But, there is a new triple joggle stroller in the mix – the Valco Baby Special Edition that can be used in a Tri-Mode to carry three children.
Valco Baby Tri-Mode has a higher customer satisfaction rating by parents who have used it. In the absence of my initial choice, the Valco Baby Tri-Mode Twin EX Stroller is my new #1. It is sold as a double jogging stroller that can be converted to a triple jogging stroller with an optional Joey Toddler Seat that is attached to the frame of the stroller. The Toddler seat is sold separately. Valco Baby Tri-Mode is available in black and blue colors.
#2 – Triple Jogging Stroller by Safe Tech Strollers
Triple Trio Baby Jogger Stroller in Red by Safe Tech is almost a look alike to the Baby Jogger Summit 360, with mixed reviews online. It is well built with lightweight aluminum alloy frame. It has plenty storage under the seat, folds easily. Other features and benefits of the Triple Trio jogging stroller are:
- Adjustable canopy with viewing windows to keep a close eye on your triple handful of kids
- Has a total baby weight capacity of 200 lbs
- The tires are air filled which make stroller easy to push. It has two 12 inch wheels in front, and 16 inch rear wheels
- The front wheels can swivels 360 degree which make it easy to turn in tight corners. The wheel can also be locked for better straight line tracking when jogging.
- Folded dimension is 42″ x 42″ x 19″
- The seat can be adjusted individually and has front foot rest for all the kids
- A good braking system
- The Triple Trio comes with a free matching stroller carrying bag.
As you will find with all side by side triple strollers, they are often too wide to push through normal sized doors, and the Triple Trio is no exception
#3 – BeBeLove USA Green Triple Jogging Stroller
The BeBeLove triple jogging stroller is a fixed front wheel jogger that is perfect for running with three kids on board. Rigid fixed front wheels in stroller are more suited for runners, as they track better on straight lines and their is less risk of the wheel coming loose with the rough handling when used in rough terrains.
This stroller also has a mixed review by parents that has used it, but issues are more on BeBeLove customer service and their response time to issue. Buying from Amazon will give you that extra peace of mind that if anything goes wrong with your purchase, you can be sure it will be replaced, or your money back: Others features of the BeBeLove triple jogger are:
- 5 point safety harness available on all the seat to strap your children securely
- Seats can be reclined in many positions
- Hand brake located on the handle bar to conveniently stop and maneuver the stroller.
- Large undercarriage cargo bay to hold ample babies stuffs and toys, with room for your personal things.
- Pneumatic tires and fixed front while for extreme jogging and running with the kids.
The canopy could have been more strongly attached as some parents have observed that it can be blown back in strong winds. Overall, the BeBeLove is an affordable quality triple jogger at under $400, and active moms and dads looking after three kids will enjoy this stroller.