Once your child is born, everything else takes a backseat as their needs come first. During this stage, it is very easy for parents to lose sight of their routine, and that includes their exercise. For active parents that love the outdoors, you don’t have to give keeping fit.
This sleek and lightweight Thule Urban Glide 2 all-terrain baby jogger stroller can help you do just that – strolling, jogging and enjoying the outdoors with your baby.
Taking your child out in the jogger stroller to the park is a good start to your exercise, and this review will show you how you can benefit from the Thule Urban Glide 2 jogger stroller. If you are parent with twins, the Urban Glide 2 is available in both single and double strollers.
Video Review of Thule Urban Glide 2 with Bassinet and Car Seats Adapters
Key Features of Thule Urban Glide 2
Thule is best known for their top quality strollers, and their jogger strollers aim to provide families a safe and comfortable means of carrying their babies when outdoor. The Thule Urban Glide 2 jogging stroller is packed with baby and parent friendly features and is a great choice for exploring your neighborhood or shopping mall with your baby.
To give you a better idea on what the Thule Urban Glide 2 has to offer, here are some of its features:
- Easy to Steer. The Thule Urban Glide is easy to steer, allowing for a more comfortable ride for both parent and child.
- 16” Rear Wheels. The 16” rear wheels offer better height and it contributes to the stroller’s maneuverability.
- Multi-position canopy. Exposing your child’s skin to the sun for too long can result in sunburn, not to mention it is very uncomfortable. Utilize the stroller’s multi-position canopy to block out the sun during your ride.
- Compact Fold. After a long day of exploring, the stroller folds up for easy storage.
- Adjustable Handlebar. To allow parents of all heights to comfortably push the stroller, the Thule Urban Glide features an adjustable handlebar for easy handling.
- Ample Storage. Underneath the seat is a large storage basket that offers enough room for everything you need for the ride.
Safety Features on Thule Urban Glide 2
- Handbrake. The handlebar has an easy twist handbrake that allows you to easily control the speed of the stroller when taking on hilly terrain.
- Reclining Seat. Allow your child to lie comfortably for the ride, whether he wants to take a nap or sit up to enjoy the view.
- Suspension. The suspension takes on the bumps on the path so your child doesn’t have to. It also offers better stability.
- 5 point Harness. Keep your child in his seat with the integrated 5 point harness.
- Parent Leash. You never have to fear losing control of the stroller with the stroller’s parent leash, which can be hooked onto your wrist so that the stroller doesn’t stay out of your reach.
- Front lock swivel wheel. The front swivel wheel locks in place when the parent wants to go for a run. This offers stability for when you’re running.
Available Styles & Designs
Luckily, you have a variety of the Urban Glide 2 stroller designs to choose from. It is currently available in single and double strollers, in four different styles.
- Jet Black with Black Frame. A black on black design perfect for everyday use.
- Dark Shadow. If the Jet Black design is to dark, you can choose to go with dark shadow. The design features a gray color that is dull and not too dark.
- Mars. This design splashes the stroller with a rich red color and gives it a bit more personality.
- Thule Blue. A baby blue color for your child to help him recognize color right off the bat.
Size and Capacity
Weight Capacity: 75 lbs
Folded Dimensions: 34.2 x 27.2 x 13.3 inches
Door pass through: 27.2 inches
The stroller’s size is nothing unusual for a jogger stroller, and because of it compact design, it easily fits into your vehicle’s compartment area. It is also relatively lightweight so even parents who will be travelling alone with their children will have no problems.
How much should you pay?
The Thule Urban Glde 2 is a bit pricier compared to other jogger strollers. At the time of writing this review, most designs are offered at about $449.95 online compared with recommended manufacturer’s retail price of $599.99. The exception we found to this price is the Jet Black with Black Frame design which was about $30 more expensive.
Online prices vary slightly depending on the site, and whether they offer discounts or running a promotion on the jogging stroller. However, if you decide to buy the Thule Urban Glde 2, I would suggest buying it from a reputable store that offer free shipping with a no quibble return policy like Amazon.
Parents who ordered the stroller off Amazon had very little to complain about the product. The only concern was that it was a little hard to fold up. But other than that, it has been all praises.
Some buyers have even stated that the Thule Urban Glide 2 was a significant upgrade from the first version of the stroller. It was a lot easier to maneuver and the addition of the handbrake was a much welcome feature.
Overall, he Thule Urban Glide 2 is a great stroller for everyday use, with the bonus feature of allowing it to be used as a jogger stroller by parents. It is a bit pricier because of the features, but safety comes first when it comes to your children.