When you hear the name Schwinn, the first thing that comes to mind is bikes. They are best known for providing consumers with durable bikes for everyday use. But the thing about bikes is that you can’t take anyone else with you for the ride unless it’s a tandem bike.
Trust Schwinn however to have to have a clever product that is a solution. One where you can now take your two children with you for your next ride in the park. Introducing the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer.
Key Features of Schwinn Echo Double Bike
The Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer easily attaches to your bikes and allows you to pull your children along for the ride instead of pushing them in their stroller. And because the trailer can accommodate two children at once, you don’t have to buy two or choose to only bring one child along. In fact, here are some of its other features you will surely love:
- 20” Alloy Spoked Wheels – The trailer is equipped with 20” spoke alloy wheels that offer better stability through the pathways.
- Air Filled Tires – These air-filled tires offer better comfort and allow a better experience when pulling the trailer on your bike.
- Universal Trailer Coupler – You don’t have to worry about compatibility with your bike because the trailer’s universal trailer coupler is compatible with most bicycles. If you are unsure if your bike will support it, you can get in touch with the Schwinn customer service crew and they will be more than happy to assist you.
- Aluminum Frame – Lightweight, yet durable. That is the Schwinn promise. The trailer’s aluminum frame allows parents to easily lift the trailer as needed, and also lessens the work you need to do to pull it on your bike.
- Easy to Assemble – One of the best features of the Schwinn Double Bike Trailer is that it is easily disassembled and placed in the trunk of your car. Once you arrive at your destination, simply take it out, and snap it together. Within five minutes, your trailer will be ready for your kids and your upcoming adventure.
Safety Features on Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer
- 2 in 1 Canopy with Bug Protection – The trailer’s two in one canopy is guaranteed to keep your kids dry in case of light rain starts while you are riding. If you don’t want to have the rain cover down, you can roll it up and still have the bug protection mesh that can keep disease-carrying bugs like mosquitoes from getting near your children.
- Good Ventilation – When riding on hot summer days, it is important to keep your kids well ventilated inside the trailer. The large front mesh on the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer, together with a small mesh at the back offers ventilation for rides to keep your riders cool even in warm weather.
- Helmet Mesh and Shoulder Pads – As added protection, the inside of the trailer comes with a helmet mesh and shoulder pads to ensure that your kids aren’t getting too shaken up inside. Perfect for when you feel like taking a short bike ride through the woods.
- Safety Leash – Afraid that the universal trailer coupler can come loose at any time? Don’t be, the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer comes with a Safety Leash that allows you to attach it to your bike along with the coupler. That way, in case the coupler fails, the leash will keep your kids attached to your bike instead of crashing.
- Safety Harness – Aside from the helmet mesh and shoulder pads, the trailer comes with its own safety harness for added protection for your two passengers.
- Safety Flag – The package also comes with a safety flag and a pole that you attach on the back of the trailer to ensure better visibility while you’re riding.
The Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer currently only comes in one design with a yellow and navy blue color. The color itself allows your trailer to stay visible easily for fellow bike riders and runners alike.
It’s not the ideal design, but if you’re a parent looking for a bike trailer for your children and want to get the best value, and don’t mind colors and designs too much, then maybe this bike trailer can suit your needs.
Size and Capacity
- Width: 32 inches
- Length: 51 inches
- Height: 33 inches
- Maximum Capacity: 80 lbs
The trailer is recommended for children who are at least 12 months old, or if they can keep themselves up as it is not designed for infants. It can easily accommodate two children at once. The large windows give them a great view of the world passing by as their parent rides along.
An important note as always is to follow the maximum capacity of the trailer to avoid any injuries and to enjoy more rides in the future.
How much should you pay?
You can find this product on popular online stores for about $170, and can get it cheaper if you shop smartly around. If you live outside the US and still want this particular model from a US online store, check that the store can ship the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer to your country.
The shipping cost to other countries can be very expensive, and I would not advise paying too much for shipping, unless you are unable to find the bike trailer on a store local to your country.
Parents who have purchased the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer have reported that the straps on the trailer weren’t as reliable as they would’ve wanted.
Some parents find the bike trailer heavy, but that is to be expected for a double bike trailer with study construction.
Aside from these isolated cases, parents were generally happy with the product and even said that they would recommend it to friends who are looking for something they could use with their bikes for their children.
Overall, the Schwinn Echo Double Bike Trailer is a great product that is generally easy to use. But just to be safe, watch out for the warnings other buyers have stated about the product like the faulty straps and assembly issues.