For active parents looking to buy a double jogger, Schwinn Double Jogging Stroller is one not to be over looked. Moms and Dads caring for two kids are attracted to the stroller because packed with features not available in much more expensive double joggers, it offers very good value for money at under $300.
The construction of the stroller is solid, with high strength but lightweight aluminium frame. The front wheel swivels, which makes the Schwinn Turismo double stroller very easy to turn and manoeuvre in crowded city walks or shopping malls. Using a remote lever located close to the handle, it quickly converts into a fixed front wheel stroller that tracks better in straight lines when jogging or running.
With large pneumatics tires, and a great suspension system that provide comfortable rides over bumps for occupants, you can jog with the stroller in any rough or smooth terrain.
The Schwinn double jogger has features that really make it an ideal stroller for parents looking after two kids. Take your multi media player along while you jog, and entertain your kids with music from inbuilt speakers on the Schwinn baby jogger. You will not find this feature in many stroller, not even in far more expensive joggers.
For parents caring for only one child, Schwinn Turismo is available in a single stroller with all the features you will find on the double.
Read the rest of my Schwinn Double Jogging Stroller review below:
The Schwinn double jogger has been out of stock on major retailers for awhile and may have been discontinued by the manufacture. We would recommend the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, which is another great affordable double jogging stroller that many parents find very suitable for their needs.
Table of Contents (Jump ahead!)
Compact, Easy to Fold & Carry?
The aluminum frame is lightweight and easy to fold in two quick steps with a trigger mechanism. When folded, the Schwinn can collapses flat and compact for transportation or storage, though parents should bear in mind that it is a double jogger with wider base than single stroller. The front wheel can however be removed with a quick release lever to fold the stroller even smaller. Parents with small cars with limited space in the trunk will find this feature useful.
Baby Safety Features on the Schwinn Turismo Double Jogging Stroller
Safety of your child is paramount in strollers, and strapping your child is the first thing to do before pushing a stroller. This is even more important when walking, jogging or running with a big stroller like the Schwinn Double Jogger. It is equipped with a well padded 5 point safety harness that is used to secure children when seated. The harness is adjustable to fit snugly and tight enough around the body, so children can not wriggle out of the harness.
The swivel front wheel can be locked in fixed forward position for greater stability when jogging and running, and this also enable the double jogger to track better in straight lines. It has foot operated rear wheel brakes to keep the stroller stationary when you come to a stop, ensuring the Schwinn Double stroller will not run away with their children, if you are not holding it.
Baby Comfort Features While you Jog
Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger has all the safety features you would expect to find in a good baby jogger, but the comfort features far exceed what are available in many top brand strollers:
- The seat is comfortably padded with Faux lambskin, and can be reclined in many positions to suit your kids, especially when they are tired and need some sleep while you are still jogging. The large sun canopies can be retracted independently in 5 positions, allowing occupants to be separately shielded from the weather.
- Separate pivoting child tray with 2 cup holders are located within easy reach of children. Fill the cups and trays with their favorite drinks and snacks to keep your little ones busy. You also have a parent tray attached close to the handlebar to hold your drinks while you jog.
- Use the unique built-in MP3 speaker to entertain your children and keep them happy with their favorite songs or rhymes.
- Tall and a shorter parent using the stroller together will like the rubberized, slip resistant, and adjustable handle that can be lowered or raised at the right level that is comfortable for pushing the stroller.
- You will not worry about storage space with the large undercarriage basket that holds huge amount of baby and personal stuffs, or groceries when you go for a family stroll in the shopping mall. There are also additional mesh pockets on the strollers.
Tires and Wheels Designed for Which Terrain?
Pneumatic tires make it easy to push double strollers like the Schwinn jogger, and with a swiveling front wheel, the stroller not only rolls over surfaces with little effort, it is nimble when turning at corners. It has 12 inch swivel tires in front, and large 16 inches tires at the rear, with alloy wheels that will not rust. Combination air filled tires, and an effective shock absorbing, coiled spring suspension system provides a very comfortable ride for babies or infants on the stroller.
The Schwinn Double jogger is rugged, and well equipped to handle any terrain without bits coming apart. And when on jogging trail, lock the front wheel forward for better straight line control and tracking.
Size and Weight Capacity
The stroller weight is: 34.0 pounds., and this compares quite closely to the weight of other popular double jogging strollers.
- The dimension of the stroller is: 49.02 inches Long, 32.67 inches Wide, and 39.96 inches High
- The Schwinn baby jogger is designed to safely seat and carry two children weighing up to 50 lbs each.
Available Styles & Colors
Schwinn Turismo swivel wheel jogger is bright, colorful, and can be purchased in a combination of cheerful colors parents would like to be seen with their babies, and can be purchased in Red/Gray, Blue/Gray, or Green/Black/Gray.
It is available in double and single jogging strollers with similar features and benefits.
Is Schwinn Double Jogger Compatible with Infant Car Seats?
The Schwinn double jogger cannot be used with an infant car seat, but not many double jogging strollers are, primarily because of stability and safety concerns when jogging with a wide stroller. Schwinn recommends that you child is at least 6 months old to ride on the stroller. At that age, babies are old enough to hold their head upright without the support an infant car seat provides.
Many Moms and dads find Schwinn double baby jogger is a great value for money, and they recommend it to others in their after purchase reviews and feedbacks. Parents also love the seat that can be independently adjusted in 5 different positions, allowing each child’s seat back to be at the most suitably inclined for the child. The separate sun canopy is also a big hit with parents. It can be pulled way forward to provide complete cover for children. Here are some other comments from satisfied parents who have used the Schwinn double baby jogging stroller:
- I compared Schwinn Double jogger with the BOB and Baby jogger, and we decided on the Schwinn and very much love the stroller, one parent remarked. Plus the other two strollers are almost double the price, so we saved a bundle, she added.
- One mom commented how she loves jogging with the husband, and because her hubby is taller, they like the ability to adjust the handlebar of the Schwinn jogger so it is at the right level to push the stroller without bending, or tip toeing!. I like this, as I am a six footer
- The individual child trays are easily pivoted out of the way, for easy access for a kids, and when I go running or jogging, I like the remote locking of the front without breaking my stride, added another excited dad.
Pros and Cons
The Shwinn Double baby jogger has a lot going for it, but my best is the price. When parents that are price conscious have researched a stroller to purchase, they always take another look at the Schwinn jogger because it offers very good value for money compared with other quality jogging stroller. Other benefits you are sure to like are:
- It is quick and easy to fold with a trigger folding mechanism
- Ruggedness and durability that make the stroller last for kids, even with rough handling
- Effortless to push and maneuver with the lockable swivel front wheel and large air filled tires
- Unique music feature and plenty of storage space on the stroller
- Some parents find the stroller on the heavy side, but remember it is a double stroller and not a single.
- When fully folded, it does take up quite a bit of small, and parent with small cars may struggle to fit it into the trunk of their car, unless the front wheel is removed with the quick release lock so if folds smaller.
- You cannot fit the Schwinn Double jogger with an infant car seat that converts strollers to travel systems that can be used for newborns, as you would with a BOB, or Baby Jogger jogging stroller.
Schwinn Turismo vs BOB Revolution Comparison Table – Key Feature
|Schwinn Tourismo Double Jogger||Bob Revolution Double Jogger|
|List Price||Under $300||Under $700|
|Stroller Weight||34.0 lbs||32.0 lbs|
|Baby Weight Capacity||100 lbs||100 lbs|
|Handlebar Height||40 inches||40 inches|
|5 Point Harness||Yes||Yes|
|Wheel Size||12″ in Front & 16″ at Rear||12″ in Front & 16″ at Rear|
|Wheel Type||Lockable Swivel front wheel||Lockable Swivel front wheel|
|Remote Front Wheel Lock||Yes||No|
|Infant Car Seat Compatible||No||Yes|
Schwinn double stroller for me is a good match for the Bob, but not better in ruggedness, durability and suspension system. But then, a BOB is almost double the price of a Schwinn jogger, and would not be my choice if budget is a consideration in my decision.
Where Can You Buy Schwinn Turismo Double Stroller at a Good Deal?
My answer is often, have you tried Amazon? It is a trusted online shop that deliver on good deals for customers. It runs regular promotion, and if you are lucky, catch exceptional time limited bargains on products. At the time of writing this review, there is a 21% discount on the Schwinn Double jogging stroller, plus a free delivery.
I also like Amazon’s very good customer service, and a no question asked return policy. If you change your mind, or simply don’t like a product you purchased from Amazon, return it, and you are sure to get your money back.