New born babies are very fragile. In fact, a new born baby’s neck is not strong enough to hold up his head, this causes the baby’s head to flop sideways or forwards when sleeping in a car seat or stroller. This is very dangerous as it can easily block off the baby’s airway.
Luckily, products are available to help parents keep their child safe. And for strollers, an infant head support is what you need.
Benefits of Head Support for Strollers
- Safety – number one is safety. The head support keeps your child’s head in place as you take them out in their strollers. A lot of baby head supports are tested to ensure they can protect the child’s head properly.
- Optimum Head Support – Not only are infant head supports designed to be safe, they are also designed with just the right padding to make sure that the baby’s head is getting the right amount of support it needs.
- Comfort – Keeping your child comfortable is very important, especially if you and your family like to travel a lot in your car or if you like to expose your child to fresh air. Some manufacturers design their infant head support to be as breathable as possible, so that the infant using it will be comfortable even with prolonged use.
- Versatility – most infant head supports for strollers are designed to fit both car seats and strollers. This lets you use just one pad for your new born and just take it in and out of a car seat or stroller, depending on what you will be using next.
Chicco Infant Head Body Support Pillow Car Seat & Seat Protector Stroller Cushion Other Brands Infant Head Supports for Strollers
- Summer Infant Snuzzler Support – this head rest is not just for the head, but for the body as well. It has an adjustable design that makes it easier for parents to adjust it so that their child can continue to use it as they grow. The cut of the body support allows it to fit into most strollers and car seats, making it easier for parents to adjust the straps on the car seat or stroller. It also has two sides, one for warm weather, and the other for cold weather.
- Boppy Infant to Toddler Head and Neck Support – unlike the previous head rest, this one features additional pad extensions that easily that wraps around the neck when used on strollers and infant car seats. It is one of the most ideal designs to get, because your child will be getting the ample amount of support and a great deal of comfort whether he’s travelling by car or by stroller.
- JJ Cole Head Support – babies tend to grow fast, the designers from JJ Cole understands this need, and has come up with a head support that can easily adjust to the baby’s growth. It also cradles the child’s head with style, easily protecting him as you travel.
- JJ Cole Reversible Body Support – The infant body support is made from plush polyester on one side, and a soft polyester LYRCA blend on the other. This way, parents can easily flip over the support to match the current weather. Its design is made to not only support the child’s head, but also the body, giving the child the additional support they need.
Our Best Brand: Chicco Reversible 3-in-1 Body Support
Parents who are looking for the best head support for their infant can choose any of the aforementioned products above as they are all from trusted brands. However, if you are looking for the best head rest that can give your infant child the head support he deserves that will allow you to rest easy when he is in his stroller, then the Chicco Reversible 3-in-1 body support is definitely what you are looking for.
- Use it longer – baby accessories are not cheap. Some accessories like body supports are designed to only be used by new born to one year olds. But the Chicco Reversible 3-in-1 body support can be used by your child from infancy up to five years, allowing you to save money.
- All-around Body Support – it helps to provide support for your child’s head, neck and back; an all-around support to ensuring your child stays safe.
- Reversible Design – the body support has reversible fabrics that allow you to easily adapt to the weather be it cold or warm.
- Waterproof Seat Pad – babies will have accidents; luckily this baby body support for strollers and infant car seats is prepared for it. It comes with a waterproof seat pad that allows for easy clean up, be it spilling their drinks or a diaper mishap. The waterproof design ensures that parents won’t have a hard time cleaning up.
- Non-Skid backing – babies can’t sit up right on their own; this is why the non-skid backing of the Chicco 3-in-1 Body Support is important. It ensures your baby stays in position comfortably without slipping down the seat.
Prevention is always better than a cure, so remember to protect your new born child’s head from discomfort and injury by choosing to get a head support for their stroller or car seat. But it is always best to get a head and body support for that all around protection for your peace of mind. All of the brands mentioned above are available online from $10-$30 depending on the brand.