It can be challenging for parents and care givers looking after a child with special needs, as they often need help coping with moving the child around daily, particularly if mobility the child’s mobility is very limited. Axiom Improv Mobility indoor/outdoor Push Chair is an exceptionally designed pediatric special needs push chair for Indoor and Outdoor that makes it easier for parents to move their child around and enjoy the great outdoors without leaving their seats.
With heavy-duty one-step adjustable H-harness to maximize trunk support, and seat angle that is adjustable from 0° to 30°, the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair provides additional head and trunk support for children with mild to moderate physical involvement.
The Mobility Push Chair is available is 3 sizes, size 1.5 recommended for children between 5 and 8 years, size 2 for 9 to 12 years, and size 3 for children between 12 and 15 years. The size of the seats and capacity of the Push Chairs also vary, increasing with the size of the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair.
Key Features of Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair
- Latex Free – Some children experience discomfort with Latex materials. The Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair does not feature any latex material, so your child is free from any type of discomfort.
- For older children – This stroller is specifically designed for older children; specifically kids aged 5-8 years. It is guaranteed to help children with special needs to get around better.
- Single Action Fold – After a long walk, stowing the stroller can be done easily as it easily folds for storage.
- Reclining Seat – To ensure comfort for your child during his ride, the Mobility Push Chair comes with a reclining seat complete with a firm back support so they can lay back and relax.
- Adjustable Handles – Parents can easily adjust the handles to comfortably fit their height. And the padded handle offers comfort for those long rides.
- Washable – Accidents will happen, and parents will be happy to know that the fabrics used on the seat are easily washable for convenience.
- Storage Basket – Need to bring extra items with you on your walks? Put them on the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair’s storage basket located underneath the cabin.
- Handbrake with Parking Button – When you’re in need of a brake, engage the handbrake to ensure that your child’s stroller stays in place.
- Rear Footbrake – In addition to the handbrake, the stroller also comes with a rear footbrake for when you just want to make a quick stop instead of a full stop.
- Recessed Footrest – Keep your child’s legs safely in the stroller with its featured recessed footrest. It also comes with feet straps and sideboards to help keep your child safe.
- 5 Point Harness – Like all other strollers, the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair comes with a 5 point harness to keep your child safe in his seat.
- Safety Wrist Strap – The stroller comes with a wrist strap that parents can attach to themselves so that they are always within arm’s reach of their children.
- Canopy – To avoid the sun from hurting your child’s eyes, the stroller comes with a sun canopy. It comes with a mesh sunshade as well as a side ventilation and window.
Parents can let their children choose a design for their Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair. The stroller comes in two designs: Navy Blue and Red.
The Navy Blue Design comprises of a black base color with blue accents. While the Red design features a black base color with red accents.
Size and Capacity
Before making a final decision on buying the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair, you have to first know if it is a good fit for your child, as the Mobility Push Chair comes in 3 sizes with the dimensions and capacity as I have shown below. Review these measurements before making your selection.
Axiom Improv Push Chair Size 1.5
The Axiom Improv Size 1.5 special needs all-terrain mobility push chair accommodates a child approximately 5 to 8 years old and approximately 43″-50″ (109-127 cm) in height. It has a maximum weight capacity of 100 lbs.
Axiom Improv Size 1.5 has a seat width of 15″, seat depth of 12″, and a 28″ backrest height.
Axiom Improv Push Chair Size 2
The Axiom Improv Size 2 special needs Indoor/Outdoor Push Chair accommodates approximately a 9 to 12 years old child that is about 50″-59″ (127-150 cm) in height. The size 2 Push Chair has a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs.
The Size 2 seat width is 15″, with seat depth of 15″, and a 28″ backrest height.
Axiom Improv Push Chair Size 3
The Axiom Size 3 Special Needs Indoor/Outdoor Mobility Push Chair is recommended for children approximately 12 to 15 years old and 59″-64″ (150-163 cm) in height. It has a maximum weight capacity is 200 lbs.
Axiom size 3 has a seat width of 18″, seat depth of 15″, and a 31″ backrest height.
How much should you pay?
Depending on the size of the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair, the price range from about $900 to $1499. The cheapest deals are from reputable online stores, but at the time of writing this review, none often was offering great discounts on the special need push chair, apart from free shipping.
Overall, the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair is a big help for families with children who have special needs. But even these have its fair share of setbacks. Parents who have used the product have reported a few issues with the product; for instance, a user has reported that the stroller is bulky when it is folded and it was hard to fit in a car’s trunk. That is expected from a stroller designed for older children, so before you decide to get the Axiom Improv as your mobility stroller of choice, ensure that it can fit your family vehicle.
Another complaint from parents is that the fixed front wheel of the stroller makes it hard to turn. Because of this, the stroller is more ideal for park strolls instead of an everyday use stroller.
Introduce your child to the great outdoors and take them to regular strolls with the family when you get the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair. It has great back support; top grade safety features and an overall design that easily allows you to manoeuvre through any terrain with ease. You can even use it when you take your family on vacation or any other type of activity that will involve a lot of walking which may be too much for your child. So check out the Axiom Improv Mobility Push Chair today.