Bob Revolution SE and CE may look alike in appearance and size, with similar features like a swivel front wheel; the strollers are however designed to serve different needs for parents, and anyone caring for babies and toddlers. The Revolution SE is described as an all-terrain stroller for on-road and off-road fitness, ideal for walking, jogging or running together with kids in any environment.
The Revolution CE is a stroller perfect for urban cruising. It is easier to turn in tight corners, crowded city, side walks and shopping malls.
You may wish to continue with the rest of the review of differences between the Bob Revolution SE and CE below.
It isn’t very difficult to guess from the descriptions of Bob Revolution SE and CE, which stroller should be the choice for a keen and avid jogger, and the pick for a parent whose need for a stroller is for walks around the neighborhood, parks, everyday errands, and the occasional gentle jogs.
Online reviews are however confusing, and sometimes misleading. Some reviews you will find claim that you
can use the Bob CE for as much as the SE, which is not the case, as I will reveal in with the key differences in the construction and material used for both strollers. The first feature that will strike you as different between the strollers is the size of their tires. Bob Revolution SE rear wheels are bigger, and that is for a reason. The wheels of the SE are also made of tougher high impact composite polymer, while the wheels of Bob Revolution CE are aluminum alloy.
Though the smaller, all 12.5 inch wheels of Bob CE turns better in tight corners, when it comes to fast pace jogging and running in any terrain, the CE is no match for the more rugged 16 inch rear wheels of Bob Revolution SE jogging stroller.
Bob Revolution SE & CE Have Been Discontinued!!!
You may like these Recommended Newer Editions of Bob Jogging Strollers
Below are the rest of my comparisons of the features you will find on the Revolution SE and CE, and I hope they will help you decide which stroller is better for you and your baby.
Common Features of Bob Revolution SE and CE Jogging Strollers
Most of the features of the SE and CE are very similar, or exactly the same. Thanks to the difference in the size of of the front wheels and tires, I struggle to recognise one stroller from the other, and I am sure many parents have the same problem. The following are features and benefits common to the Revolution SE, and the CE.
- Swivel Front Wheel – makes both strollers very easy to turn around tight corners, though the CE turns easier at tighter corners because of the smaller wheels. The front swivelling wheels on both strollers can be locked in the forward position for increased stability, and better straight line tracking when jogging in rough or smooth terrains.
- Baby Weight Capacity – the SE and CE have equal capacity of 70 pounds baby weight limit, enough for babies and toddlers to grow with till their late infant ages, or till they no longer require a stroller. It is advised though that babies too young to hold their head straight without help should not ride on a stroller, unless parents use an infant car seat. The good news is that Bob Revolution SE and CE joggers are compatible with many infant car seats, which when used with strollers make them suitable for newborns.
- Fold – The strollers are easy to fold in two quick steps, collapsing them into compact sizes for transportation and storage.
- Tires – Both strollers are equipped with pneumatic or air filled tires that is easy to push over smooth surfaces, sand, grass over bumpy trails.
- Suspensions – The suspensions on the Revolution SE and CE are truly unique to Bob strollers. They can be independently adjusted to match the weight of a child, providing very smooth rides for kids seating in the strollers.
- Brakes – Rear foot-operated brakes safely secure both strollers in a stationary position when you come to a stop.
- Safety Features – The SE and CE are equipped with richly padded and adjustable 5 point safety harness that fits snugly around your baby. A leash is provided that is used for attaching the stroller to your wrist, and which prevents it from disappearing into the distance with your baby if you trip or fall.
- Handlebar – The handles on the Bob SE and CE are well padded for firm and comfortable grip when pushing the strollers. At 40 inches from the ground, the handlebars are at a good height that most parents will find suitable for the right postures while walking or jogging with the strollers
- Weather Canopy – You can adjust the canopies in 5 positions to shield your baby from hash sun and windy conditions. A large viewing window allow parents to keep an eye on their child when the canopy is in use.
- Storage – Spaces available for storage on the SE and CE are the same, with a Low Boy Cargo Basket that provides ample undercarriage storage for diapers, large seatback pocket for more big items, and internal seat pockets for snacks and toys within easy reach of your kid.
- Seat Fabric and Padding– Both stroller seats are made with Poly and Dobby weave fabrics with water repellent coating. The seats are ultra padded with open cell foam that is very comfortable and relaxing for occupants, babies or toddlers.
- Infant Car Seat Compatibility – For parents with newborns who can’t wait to step out with their babies, Bob SE and the CE can be used with infant car seats and adapters that convert the strollers to baby travel systems, allowing moms and dads to go out or travel with babies from birth. The strollers can be used with Graco, Peg Perego, Chicco and Britax infant car seats
Key Differences Between the Bob Revolution SE vs CE Jogging Stroller
- The Wheels – A major visual difference between the strollers is the size of their wheels. While the front and rear wheels of the Bob CE are all 12.5 inch, Bob SE has 12.5 inch in front, and 16 inch rear wheels. Bob Revolution CE is a nimbler stroller with the smaller rear wheels, and is easier to manoeuvre and turn at tight corners.
- Construction – While the frames of both strollers are made with high strength aluminum alloy, and the wheels and spokes in the Bob Revolution SE are manufacture with High-impact polymer composite, the CE wheels are Aluminum alloy rim with stainless steel spokes. The Revolution SE is a tougher jogger for any terrain, but the CE is more suited for gentle jogs and city errands.
- Weight of Stroller – It will not surprise you that the Revolution CE weighing 23lb or 10.43kg, is a lighter jogging stroller than the Revolution SE that weighs 25lb or 11.34kg.
- Single or Double Stroller – Bob Revolution CE is available only as a single stroller, but for parents with twins or looking after baby and toddler, the Revolution SE can be purchased as a single, or a Double side by side jogging stroller.
- Colors – Bob Revolution SE is available in 4 colors – Black, Navy, Orange and Plum. The CE however can only be purchased in 2 colors – Black and Plum.
- Price – The list price of the Revolution CE is $469, $20 more expensive than the SE. I still can’t make out why the CE should be priced more. It should be the other way round, in my opinion, based on the differences highlighted on both strollers.
Would you buy Bob Revolution SE or the CE Jogging Stroller?
There are pointers for parents on which stroller to buy from how Bob named and described the Revolution Jogging strollers. Bob Revolution SE, (Sports Edition or Experience) is a more rugged strollers with the high impact wheel, and is better suited for fast pace jogging and running. It would be a good choice for the very active parents. You get the maneuverability of a swivel wheel, and a stroller that is tough and comfortable enough for regular distance running exercise or training with a baby.
The Revolution CE, (City Edition or Experience) on the other hand, is a lighter stroller, easier to turn at tight corners, and ideal for urban dwellers that want a versatile stroller for everyday stroll with the baby, walks in the malls and parks, and gentle jogs if they feel up to it.
$20 dollar difference in the list price of both strollers is not much to sway the buying decisions of most parents, if they were choose between the SE and CE based on cost. And I think this is a good thing, so final buying decisions can be focused on which stroller will serve your jogging and baby needs better.
Regular online deals and promotions are available on the Bob Revolution SE and the CE, and shopping smartly can save you over 25%. At the time of my review, Amazon has some very good deals on both jogging strollers.