When looking for a stroller for your child, parents always want to cover all their bases. Every parent would make sure that the stroller they will be choosing for their child is safe and comfortable; while at the same time give a little incentive for the parent when taking their child out. Luckily, the Baby Trend Xcel Jogger Stroller has features for both parent and baby alike.
Priced at about $100, Baby Trend Xcel will suit parents shopping for quality jogging stroller, but don’t want to spend up to $300 and above that other brands are sold for.
Key Features of Baby Trend Xcel
- Large Bicycle Tires – The tires on this stroller are the same ones found on bicycles. Unlike regular stroller tires, an advantage of having these is that it will make pushing the stroller a lot easier for the parent allowing them to focus more on their run.
- Lockable Swivel Wheel – To help parents steer their baby’s stroller when walking, the Baby Trend Xcel’s swivel wheel easily allows you to turn. However, when you feel like going for a run, it can be locked into place. This helps prevent the stroller from accidentally turning as you run, and causing you and your baby to crash.
- Compatible with all Baby Trend Infant Car Seat Models – Baby Trend treats their customers with a feature that makes the Xcel compatible with all Infant Car Seat Models. This feature allows parents to make a travel system for their family.
- Convenient Child Tray – Now you can keep your child busy during your walks and runs with the stroller’s included child tray. You can even put your energy drinks in its built-in cup holders. You can also put your baby’s milk bottle or Sippy cup here for when they feel the need to drink.
- Reclining feature – If your child is the type that falls asleep just about anywhere, the reclining feature of the Baby Trend Xcel Jogging Stroller gives them a chance to sleep comfortably whenever they want.
Safety Features of Baby Trend Xcel
When choosing a jogging stroller, consideration for the safety of your child is paramount. A stroller may have all the bells and whistle, but if the safety features suck, walk away. The Baby Trend Xcel may be a budget stroller, but its safety features tick all the boxes I would like to see in a baby jogger stroller.
Five-point-harness – A stroller that does not come with this immediately gets a zero for parents. Luckily, the Baby Trend Xcel Jogging Stroller does have it. The five point harness ensures that your child stays comfortably in place as you go for your run. The padded straps ensure that your child is protected both from chaffing and accidents.
Tether strap – As an added form of protection, the stroller also comes with a tether strap. With all of these harnesses and straps keeping your child in place, assuring parents that their child is always safe.
Extra Wide Wheelbase – This feature ensures that your stroller is always stable, no matter where you decide to take a run.
Fully Adjustable Canopy – On most days, the sun is your friend. However there are also days when it can be your enemy. The stroller’s fully adjustable canopy allows parents to adjust the roof to help block out the sun and prevent it from giving your child sunburn.
Match your baby’s stroller with their personality as the Baby Trend Xcel Jogging Stroller comes in three designs:
- Raspberry – Recommended for baby girls, as it features a pink and black colorway.
- Mosaic Blue – perfect for little boys who are just as active as their jogger parents.
- Tiger Lily – For those who don’t want to confine their child to just pink and blue. This colorway features Orange and black.
When you order it online, you can pick the color that you think will best suit you and your child.
Size and Capacity
As for size and capacity, the Baby Trend Xcel Jogging Stroller has the following dimensions:
- Item Weight: 29 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 47 x 21 x 41 inches
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 50 lbs
Other strollers can be pretty tricky to fold up and store when not in use; luckily you won’t have this problem with Baby Trend Xcel. That’s because it comes with a trigger release that allows parents and guardians to easily fold up and store the stroller in the closet.
How much should you pay?
The manufacturer’s list price for the Baby Trend Xcel Jogger Stroller is $109.99, but you can get it at far below that price from online stores like Amazon, which is why it is one my recommended under $100 jogger stroller for parents.
The Baby Trend Xcel is ideal for first time parents who want to get a nice, safe stroller for their child, but don’t want to dig too deep into the budget. You can check online deals available today on the stroller with the link below.
The Baby Trend Xcel Jogger Stroller is priced just right, and the safety features and the added storage compartment and child tray are nicely added features.
If you’re a parent who wants a jogger stroller but don’t want to spend a lot, this is definitely recommended for you. Another reason to choose Baby Trend Xcel is the available colors.
A lot of strollers are only available in certain colors, but Xcel gives their customers three choices of color for their child. Now you never have to settle with plain black or plain blue or any other dark color. You can choose a nicer color that your child will surely enjoy.